Education Hall, Circa 1937
Location: Pacific Highway
Education Hall was designed by Josef Jacobberger and built in 1937. Its original purpose was to house the elementary and secondary education departments. An exception to the Mediterranean style prevalent on the campus, this building exemplifies the Modern American Renaissance style. Characteristic features include flat roof with decorative parapet, bilateral symmetry, and rectangular windows with fanlights. Education Hall expresses civic dignity and classical ideals fundamental to the American Renaissance movement.