Skip to Main Content
City of Lake Oswego
Lakeview Village

Residential Demolition Information

When applying for a demolition *permit, the following documents need to be submitted with a building application:

  • Complete this residential demolition packet:
  • Proof of ownership (tax statement, title report or recorded contract) & letter from owner approving the demolition must be submitted with the application.
  • Asbestos/Lead paint reports Demolition permits must be accompanied by a certificate of compliance for asbestos and lead pain removal, completed by an Oregon licensed abatement firm.
  • Erosion Control application is to be submitted to the Engineering Department. For more information, Please contact Delynn Clark at 503-635-0390.
  • Tree Protection (if applicable)
  • If your lot includes any trees, please contact the Planning Division at 503-635-0290
Your permit expires if work isn't started within 180 days from the date of issue. Your permit expires if work is suspended or abandoned for 180 days or more. If you can't work within a 180-day period and don’t wish to abandon the project, you may submit a written request to extend your permit for an additional 180-day period.

*Permits cannot be issued if Erosion Control, Tree Protection or Tree Cutting Approval is required & have not been signed off by the appropriate Department.