Engineering Permits & Applications

You have entered the Engineering Department's forms and documents link.  This link is intended to provide easy and convenient citizen access to frequently requested documents.

Block Party Permit
A "Block Party" is a gathering organized by the residents of the neighborhood abutting the street to be closed, for their enjoyment.  A Block Party Permit must be obtained to close a public street to conduct a neighborhood block party.

Erosion Control Permit Application
Pursuant to Lake Oswego Code (52.02.040), Erosion Control Permits are required prior to conducting certain site excavation activities.

Film/Photo Permit
Production companies and photographers are required to obtain a Film/Photo Permit whenever the filming / photo shoot involves the closure or restriction of a street, right-of-way, or use of a City property or facility, e.g., park, building.

POD/Dumpster Request Application
POD/Dumpster request for in-street placement.

Public Improvement Permit
Companies who seek to construct and install certain public improvements which includes one or more of the following actions: break up, dig up, cut, excavate or fill in any street, or construct sidewalks, curbs, gutters or do any work in or upon any street, or install sanitary sewers, surface water management facilities, or water mains; will need to obtain a Public Improvement Permit.

Banners over Roadway Permit 
PGE recently notified the City that they are no longer approving any banner locations within the City after December 31, 2016. Over the roadway banner signs are no longer offered.

Special Event Permit
Special Events are gatherings/events that involve a large group of people (compared to the usual occupancy of the site), and:

  • Are advertised to the public and do not occur regularly on the site (LOC 20.06.500);
  • Impact or use City streets (including curb or parking lane), sidewalks, and public rights-of-way, or
  • Use City facilities or property (i.e. city buildings, parks, and parking lots).

Examples of events that would most likely require a Special Events Permit include: road race, bike race, walk, parade, festival, market, carnival, and concert.

Street Opening Permit
Construction activities in the public right-of-way or public utility easements require a street opening permit issued by Engineering.

Traffic Control Plan Guidelines and Application
The purpose of a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) is to allow the contractor to work within the public right-of-way efficiently and effectively while maintaining a safe, uniform flow of traffic.