- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Plans & Projects
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- Parks Bond Investment Outreach
Iron Mountain Park Concept Plan
Iron Mountain Park is an approximately 51-acre park located in the center of the City of Lake Oswego. Iron Mountain Park is larger than a local neighborhood park and integrates natural and developed features. A preferred design has been created by the firm ESA and is in the process of being implemented.
Eventually a park site will be designed, developed and restored to provide a place for the community to recreate and connect with nature.
The Iron Mountain Concept Plan planning process will result in several deliverables to move forward with developing, restoring and managing the site. Some aspects of the plan and planning process are:
- Conceptual site design, featuring amenities consistent with Parks Plan 2025 recommendations and design guidelines for Citywide, Integrated Hybrid Character parks (App. K - PP2025).
- Public engagement program that will provide ample opportunities for the community to invest in the future concept of the site. Opportunities will be both real time and online.
- A professional design team that will translate community input into a high quality professional park design that is uniquely Lake Oswego.
Additionally, the Department will be working with highly qualified resource professionals to develop stream and wetland restoration plans. This will address the degraded resources onsite and provide the City with a strategy to restore these resources and their function within our areas watershed. Aspects of this process are:
- Delineation of resources (Wetlands, Stream Corridors and Tree Groves) according to Department of State Lands and City of Lake Oswego requirements. (COMPLETED)
- Restoration plan for stream and wetland resources.
Please contact one of the team members:
Mike O'Brien, Project Manager, ESA Vigil-Agrimis - MOBrien@esassoc.com
Ryan Mottau, Public Outreach Lead, MIG Inc. - email@example.com
Past Meeting and Event Information
Past Public Outreach Events and Planning Advisory Meeting Information can be found on the Iron Mountain Park Planning Project Background website.
The following plans will be reviewed as part of the background research and development phase. Policies, goals and recommendations from these adopted plans will be integrated into the park plan.
Current Documents Associated with Planning Process
Parks Related Plans
- Parks Plan 2025 (2012)
- Iron Mountain Restoration Plan (2013)
- Iron Mountain Boulevard Park Master Plan (1984)
- Lake Oswego Open Space Plan (2001)
- Trails and Pathways Master Plan (2003)
- Parks Integrated Pest Management (2015)
City Related Plans
- Citizen Involvement Guidelines for Lake Oswego (1990)
- Comprehensive Plan Part 1 (2013)
- Historic Resource Protection Plan (1989)
- Lake Oswego Urban & Community Forestry Plan (2007)
- Sustainability Action Plan for City Operations (2014)
- Transportation System Plan (2014)