On February 19, 2014, the Development Review Commission (DRC) began the deliberation phase of the public hearing process on the proposed development of the Wizer Block. After discussion, the developers - Evergreen Group - requested a continuance in order to revise the plan. The DRC granted the continuance to a future date to be determined, with new public notices to follow. The DRC also held public hearings on January 22 and 29 for this proposed development.
The applicant is requesting approval of a Development Review Permit to construct a mixed use project, including up to 228 residential units and 28,000 square feet of commercial use in three buildings, with the following Exceptions to the Community Development Code standards:
• Residential uses on the ground floor in EC zone [LOC 50.03.003.1.e.ii]
• Fifth floor on a portion of each of the three buildings [LOC 50.05.004.5.d]
• Reduced amount of storefront glazing [LOC 50.05.004.6.b.i]
• Retail parking entrance on 1st Street [LOC 50.05.004.10.b]
• Shared private/public parking provided on-site [LOC 50.06.002]
• Driveway grades (limited to the 25-foot landing area of the commercial underground parking structure) [LOC 50.06.003.2.b.iii(3)]
And the removal of 25 trees to accommodate the development.
The Case File Materials posted under the designated Planning Division’s Land Use Project Pages and links are:
- There are additional materials in the Case File that the Project Manager believes are NOT for the purpose of addressing whether the proposed development application complies with the applicable criteria. These additional materials are NOT posted. (Only materials identified by the applicant or interested parties for the purpose of addressing the applicable criteria are made a part of the “record” before the reviewing authority.)
The Planning Division’s Case File may be viewed by the public Monday - Friday, excluding holidays, 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. in the Planning and Building Services Department. Persons are encouraged to contact the Project Manager to arrange for a suitable location to review the materials in the Case File.
Note: Materials exempt under the Oregon Public Records Law, ORS 192.501 and 192.502 may be withheld from public review of the Case File; such materials are NOT a part of the “record” before the reviewing authority in determining whether or not the proposed development complies with the applicable criteria.
Land Use Applications & More