The Lake Run, the Festival of the Arts, the Star Spangled Parade and 4th of July road closures, Homecoming Parades, Farmer’s Market, Hop at the Hunt, Summer Concert Series, Lighting of the Holiday Tree and the world famous Pet Parade – these are just a few of the many special events the City hosts throughout the year and the Lake Oswego Police Department responds to. A Special Event Permit is required anytime you want to impact a roadway, public right-of-way or want the Police Department’s assistance. While heavily involved in road closures, the Department also wants to have a presence where large groups may gather for safety and security reasons. Special Event Permits can be obtained through the Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation Department here.
- Emergency Preparedness Fair, April 26th at Palisades from 5pm to 8pm
- Shred Day, April 29 at Yakima Building from 9am to 12pm
- Drug Take Back, April 29 at ACC from 10am to 2pm
- Lake Run, May 13
- Festival of the Arts, June 23-25
- 4th of July Star Spangled Parade, 10a to 1:30p
- Farmer's Market, Saturdays from May 20th through October 14, 2017