For Immediate Release
August 30, 2012
Contact: Jan Wirtz, Recreation Supervisor
You are invited to Luscher Farm for a fun-filled day of activities! On Saturday, September 15, Luscher Farm Partners will be celebrating “Organically Grown in Oregon” week with an open house which will include plant and garden item sales, demonstrations for all ages, a petting zoo, tastings, tours and more. Stop by Luscher Farm, located at 125 Rosemont Road in West Linn, anytime between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Activities, demonstrations, and vendors include:
- Learn from Oregon’s most knowledgeable authorities on organic gardening. Oregon Tilth will sell garden vegetable and herb starts as well as give tours and demonstrations in the Tilth Demonstration garden.
- 47th Ave. Farmers, Luscher’s famous local farming operation, will have a raffle for a free half share of the Farm’s Community Supported Agriculture program to those willing to share their email contact information. A value of over $500 and enough organic local produce to feed a family of four for six months!
- Friends of Rogerson Clematis Collection (FRCC) will open their greenhouse for an over-the-top clematis plant sale. Look for special vine beauties that are hard to find and ask the experts on hand about the best varieties for your garden.
- Fancy Fronds, with special guest Vanca the Willow Furniture Lady, will sell ferns and hard to find plants in addition to cool furniture for your porch or yard.
- Oh Grow Up, offering unique and functional garden art, will be located under the beech tree in the historic Luscher Farmhouse backyard.
- Gossler Farm Nursery will be showcasing in maples, dogwoods, hydrangeas, magnolias, rhododendrons, viburnums and witchhazels, just in time for fall planting.
- Heavy Petal Nurseries will be selling unique hardy hibiscus and woody type plants.
- Xera Plants will feature drought-tolerant and unique species.
- Joy Creek Nursery, a boutique nursery, will feature hydrangeas, woody shrubs and perennials that compliment every Northwest landscape.
- FarmMade representatives will be on hand to discuss and distribute information about a new and innovative way to shop.
- With Brooke Klein, learn how to make delicious smoothies with ingredients grown at the Farm from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Plus, Dawn Grunwald, Children’s Garden Coordinator, and Chef Laura Content will be in the Children’s Garden and outdoor classroom leading activities and providing healthy snacks for sampling along with ideas for back to school lunches and meals for the whole family.
- Karen Davis, Luscher Farm Coordinator, will be on site to answer questions about the Community Garden program and the history of Luscher Farm.
- OSU Master Gardener experts will be on hand to distribute information and answer questions regarding gardening and growing.
In addition, from 12 to 2 p.m., don't miss Cisco and the Kid’s Petting Zoo for a chance to pet a mini-donkey, an alpaca, rabbits, goats and a grandma sheep.
Park at Christian City Church at 17979 SW Stafford Rd across Stafford Road from Luscher Farm and use the shuttle provided by The Stafford Retirement Community or walk along Rosemont Trail to the farm.
For additional information, visit www.ci.oswego.or.us/luscher/luscher-farm-open-house-september-15 or call Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation at 503-675-2549.