The City of Lake Oswego is excited to introduce a new video contest - the “Love My City” Video Contest! Do you think you can capture the spirit of this charming community? We are seeking video submissions that illustrate what makes Lake Oswego special to you. Tell us your story and you could win $1000! Second and third place winners will also receive gift cards valued at $500 and $100, respectively. The Love My City Video Contest is free to enter and open to professional and amateur filmmakers of all ages.
Winning videos will be announced in August or September 2017 during a City Council meeting before friends and family, with the Lake Oswego community also invited. Winning videos will also be featured on our social media platforms, displayed on the City’s website, and screened at many City events and locations throughout the next few years.
Be creative and have fun!!
Official Rules and Guidelines
- All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 14, 2017.
- Contestants do not have to live in Lake Oswego.
- Videos must be filmed in Lake Oswego and must have been taken within two years before the entry deadline.
- Videos must be between 2-4 minutes in length, including titles and credits.
- Videos must be submitted in a common format, for example: .mp4, .mpg, .wmv., etc.
- Contestants may submit multiple videos, but only one prize is given per contestant.
- A completed and signed Entry Agreement must accompany each video submitted. (Entry Agreements by youth under 18 years of age must be signed by parent or guardian.)
- Videos will not be returned and may be displayed on the City’s website, shared through social media, shown at various City locations, and also be used for publicity and promotional purposes.
- The City of Lake Oswego, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the rules for this contest or is otherwise not consistent with the spirit and theme of the contest.
- The City of Lake Oswego reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, without notice.
- City employees are encouraged to submit a video, but will not be eligible for monetary prizes. However, they will be recognized in a separate category.
How to Enter Your Video
Video entries can be submitted online, by mail or in-person. A completed Entry Agreement must be submitted for each video by the deadline. Signed Entry Agreements submitted as PDF files are acceptable; we cannot accept an unsigned Entry Agreement.
- Online: Videos and Entry Agreements can be submitted online at using the form below.
- Mail/In-Person: For contestants submitting an entry on a CD, please deliver the CD and signed Entry Agreement to:
City of Lake Oswego
380 A Avenue
PO Box 369
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m., July 14, 2017.
A panel consisting of City of Lake Oswego staff and a City Councilor (“Judges”) will evaluate all eligible entries based on overall quality, creativity and how well the video portrays the contest theme. The Judges will select a first, second and third place winner. The City will notify the winners by mid-August. Winners will be notified by phone or email. Only one prize is given per contestant. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding.
For more information, contact Bonnie Hirshberger, Citizen Information Specialist, 503-675-3992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.