2018 Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Project
In its effort to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety, the Engineering Department has outlined several locations throughout the City in which gaps in bicycle and pedestrian facilities are present. These areas are vital links in the City’s bike and pedestrian travel system and are unlikely to be constructed
by new development.
The project proposes to construct approximately 900 feet of new asphalt pathway, 700 feet of new concrete sidewalk as well as new bike line striping and legends.The scope of this work consists of asphalt pedestrian paths, concrete sidewalks, concrete pedestrian ramps, modular block walls, signing and striping.
Construction is expected in: Spring/Summer 2018
August 8, 2018
Construction on the pathway projects is under way:
- South Shore from McVey to Patton - Excavation is complete. The concrete sidewalk with be formed and poured within a week.
- Meadows and Bangy Road - Excavation is complete. The concrete sidewalk will be formed and poured within a week.
- Jefferson and McNary - Excavation to begin this week. Asphalt pathway to be completed within a month.
- Cherry Lane - Excavation and asphalt pathway scheduled for mid August - early September.
- Meadows Road - Excavation and concrete sidewalk scheduled for late August - mid September
During the construction of each site expect single lane closures and delays of up to 10 minutes between the hours of 7:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Flaggers will be on site directing traffic.
The City awarded the construction project to R & R General Contractors, Inc. Work is scheduled to begin in May.