July 2, 2014
Kerr Parkway is a construction zone, please refrain from walking, biking, and driving on the closed sections even when active construction is not occurring. This area is not safe.
- Kerr Parkway will remain closed between Jefferson Parkway and McNary Parkway (North Intersection) for at least the next week due to unforeseen issues on the project.
- Unexpected work on a water main will begin next week. On Tuesday, July 8th between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM water will be shut off to the residents of the Mountain Side Terrace Condos. All those residents have been notified via a door hanger.
- Northwest Natural will continue their relocation efforts in the area between Boones Ferry Road and McNary Pkwy (South Intersection). Unfortunately their work has had its own challenges and is taking longer than expected. Flaggers will be controlling traffic in this area. One lane of traffic will be maintained between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
- The contractor has now indicated that they plan to work in “Area II” once work on the currently closed section is complete. Area II is Kerr Parkway from Hidalgo to McNary Parkway (North Intersection). This closure will not occur until the currently closed section is reopened. Detour signage will be in place when this closure occurs.
- When approaching the steel plates in the road, slow your vehicle down and drive directly over them.